Classes for students
by Raju Alluri
On this page, I give links to some classes I prepared. Please contact me if you want me to deliver this lecture at your educational institution. Newcomers to computer related professions and students are encouraged to use these materials.
Also, the following are some post-class notes from recent classes.
- Advanced Unix Programming: Use this course as a stepping stone to read and learn from Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment by W. Richard Stevens. This course is no way close to the classic work by the great W. Richard Stevens (even though the title and content are influenced by the classic work.)
- Module 01: Contains the following:
- Basics of Unix
- vi editor
- file and filesystem handling commands
- network based commands
- Module 02: Contains the following:
- Text Processing Commands
- Backup and Restore Commands
- Module 03: Contains the following:
- Environment Variables
- Writing Shell scripts
- Module 04: [Needs minor edits] Contains the following:
- System Calls
- File System Internals
- Standard I/O Library
- Module 05: [Needs minor edits] Contains the following:
- Process Internals
- Module 06: [Needs minor edits] Contains the following:
- Memory allocation
- File and Record locking
- Module 07: [Updated Nov 2007] Contains the following:
- System V IPC
- Message Queues
- Shared Memory
- Unix Internals (Partial): Part of the course syllabus, influenced by "Unix Internals: The new frontiers" by Uresh Vahalia
- Post Class Notes for class at S.R.K.R. Engineering College on 13th March 2006.
- Post Class Notes and Summary for class at S.R.K.R. Engineering College on 01st July 2006.